Monday, August 26, 2013

C'est la vie.

Here I am, sitting in my room with boxes half packed, and laundry I don't see the point in putting away strewn all across my bed. Life feels weird today. I feel like my grip on reality is slightly looser than normal. I can't even seem to grasp the concept of my calendar pages and how they relate to real days that have happened or will happen. I can't even fathom the idea that in one week exactly I will be sitting in a new room, with new furnishings, and a new view from the window. I'll miss my pine forest. I will miss the dancing shadows it casts on my window. I will miss a lot of things. Too many things to even type out. It's a lot of little things as well as several big things.

Change is difficult. Especially for those of us with sentimental hearts. It's not that I think this next place won't be wonderful and exciting, it's just the fact that it won't be THIS place. It's that I have to let go to move on. I will have to look forward while my heart will inevitably be holding back slightly.
BUT- this is life. Change happens. You just gotta keep breathing.

No comments:

Post a Comment