Friday, January 1, 2016

1/1/2016

thinking about writing, knowing that I should.
knowing that it would help, thinking it could be good.

I stop myself.

I'm afraid to write. I'm afraid to fail. I'm afraid to be honest.
it's hard to be honest. it's easy to fail.
it's hard to write and not be honest. it's easy to be honest and not to write.

but if I'm only honest with myself what good can it do?

I honestly don't want to be honest because I like to be cool.
but playing it cool only makes me a fool.

so honestly,

I am selfish.
I want to keep my thoughts to myself because I would rather be right in my own mind than to be told that I'm wrong by someone I want to like me.

I know that I'm wrong for this. I don't want you to tell me.

but that's not community.
community means more than just me.
community is two or more.
iron on iron.
painful perfection.
glory to glory.





1 comment:

  1. Hello Shannon. I am a Pastor from Mumbai, India and I love to get connected with the people of God around the globe to be encouraged, strengthened and praying for one another. I am blessed and feel privileged and honored to get to know you and also get connected with you because of who you are in the Lord Jesus Christ and your desire to spread gospel. I have been in the Pastoral ministry for last 37 yrs in this greawt city of Mumbai a city with a great conrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the brokenhearted. We also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumabai to work with us during their vacation time. we would love to have you come with your friends to Mumbai to work with us during your vacation time. I am sure you will have a life changing experience. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. God's richest blessings on you, your family and friends and also wishing you a blessed and a Christ centered rest of the year 2016

    ReplyDelete