Sunday, September 9, 2012

beautiful are the feet

Here I am, at the end of the first week here in Honduras, trying to take inventory of all the things I've done and learned this past week.
I CAN'T DO IT!!

You see, this week has been relatively relaxed.
{I mean-if you count jumping head on into a completely new culture, learning their language, eating new foods, smelling new smells, and GIGANTIC BUGS as relaxed. Then yeah, this has just been one week in paradise(but seriously, this place is so beautiful you wouldn't even believe it)}
What I mean is, our schedule hasn't been as frantic as it usually is in the states. We kind of just do everything on Honduran time{similar to "island time"}. And it's beautiful! No rushing, ho hustling, and certainly no bustling!...  (: But I'm so grateful for this week on Honduran time, because in the past week I have gotten to spend more time quietly with the Lord than I have in a while. It's been such a good time of Him just speaking to me, and reminding me that I am here for Him. I am here because Abba told me to come. I am not here because I am a "good person" trying to do "good things". I am here because He has something up his sleeve! {And I'm so glad, because any plans that I could TRY and make would not compare to His!}

A new friend from here told me yesterday, that when she was getting on the plane to come to Honduras God told her that it was time to put feet to her faith. I love that image. I have been in such a season of discovering what faith means {haven't got it figured out yet, so don't even ask}, but now it's time to put feet to my faith! It's time to GO! Time to DO!

So when I say I can't take inventory, it's because there's been too much. I've learned too much just in this past week! Man, is this going to be a crazy 2 months!!

Wherever this finds you as you're reading it, I pray that you're finding your feet. Only God knows where they will take you. But that's kind of the exciting part of it  :)

Shalom

No comments:

Post a Comment