Monday, September 3, 2012

Hola from Honduras!

Just a quick post to let you all know that I made it safely to Honduras.
It has been a great first day! I have already experienced a whole bunch of neato things.

First-I experienced, first hand, the hospitality of the Honduran people. Two Honduran ladies sitting next to me on the plane helped me interpret the form that was in spanish, and they shared their gum with me when my ears started popping. {I have a cold so the pressure in my ears was especially awful}. Second-after I was picked up from the airport  I got to experience a honduran Burger King {the chicken nuggets were the best I've ever had from a Burger King-it was probably REAL chicken}.
Third-got to ride through the mountains that are so fresh and green that they look like a stinkin' painting! Fourth-I got to drink fresh coconut water straight from the coconut! {So good, not like the kind you get bottled in the states}. Fifth-I got to sit on the patio and watch a rainstorm {One of my favorite pass times in the states- but this one was like 10x better}.

In closing- I have had a beautiful welcome to Honduras. And to be honest, I have no idea what I'm doing here... But I'm ready and waiting to see what Abba does! Already it has been better than I could have planned.

So fasten your seat belts and prepare for take off, folks!

Shalom y'all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment