Monday, October 1, 2012

Gloria A Dios

This morning in my spanish class {which is just me and my tutor}, my tutor shared with me her testimony. She is the first christian in her family, and she told me about the burden she has for her family-that they would come to know the Lord. The details were hazy of course, seeing as how my spanish vocabulary is rather small. I completely understood her though. I understood the way her voice became shaky and the way the tears weld up in her eyes. I understood because I know that emotion. I know what it's like watching the people you love live their lives in complacency, not knowing the joy that lies just beyond their pride and disillusionment. I know {not fully, but partially} the weight of this burden that my Jesus carried to the cross.

The body of Christ is so beautiful. Not to speak in "churchy" language-but really think about that! Us as a body of people all have atleast one thing in common and that is JESUS.  He is our common-denominator. It's so beautiful that I can come to a place and culture that is worlds different than mine and instantly have deep relationship with people that a part of the same body as I am.  People that have the same burdens as I do.
Just one perk of following Jesus!!

The people that I have met here are family, and I'm going to miss them greatly. But I know that I will be having one big fiesta with them in heaven one day!! Family reunion, y'all!!! And that makes the thought of having to say goodbye a little more bearable.

And here's a little side note that I thought was kind of funny...
Today my tutor kept saying "gloria adios"while she was telling me her story, which I've heard some of my ballet students say when praying... This statement always confused me though because I've known that "adios" means "goodbye" ever since I was like 4 {one of the perks of being from Texas-you grow up learning spanish without even having to think about it}. So in my processing I was thinking "okay, well gloria is 'glory' in english.. so I guess 'gloria adios' is like 'goodbye glory'..." Come to find out the saying is actually "gloria A DIOS"...which is "Glory to God." Haaaaahhhhh. So gloria a Dios. He understand fully this language that I'm attempting to speak.

Just sayin'
Shalom!!

No comments:

Post a Comment