Tuesday, October 9, 2012

"I see the moon and the moon sees me."

Sometimes it's important to just stop and remember/attempt to comprehend, just how big God is.
Kinda like when you look up to the moon and really see it. See it for what it really is; not just a great big nightlight hanging in the sky, but a huge rock hanging in the sky that is reflecting the sun's light back to us here on earth. It'll blow your mind when the reality of something like that hits you. Something you've seen the presence of your entire life. You've walked in, and by, the light of it; then you look upon it and fully comprehend it, and it shakes your soul.
Part of what makes the moon so beautiful is that it's as close to staring into the sun as we can get {without destroying our retinas}. We can see the majesty of the sun by looking at it's reflection on the moon. We can walk by night, in the light of the sun- by way of the moon.
This, to me, is a beautiful representation of Christ's relationship with the world. This is just one way He has painted a picture of His love for me through creation tonight.

Hah, the line from a children's book that I used to read keeps coming to mind....

"I see the moon and the moon sees me, and the moon sees somebody that I wanna see."

-Just sayin'

No comments:

Post a Comment